Would you like to visit Amsterdam in a Dutch way? Book a bike tour. It is a perfect way to discover Amsterdam
Amsterdam is the most bike friendly city in Europe. By bike you will not only be able to visit the city center but also other areas of the city that are interesting and definitely worth the visit.
And most importantly you travel safely:
Your guide will mainly take the bike paths and there are more and more streets that are called “fietsstraten”. In these streets, motorists are informed with “auto te gast” signs. This means that the car is ‘invited’ to use the road but that bikes have priority. The car can continue to drive there but at a maximum speed of 30 km per hour.
Another advantage: You don’t have to wear a helmet. But if you feel safer there are helmets available in the bike rental stores.
Your local guide will show you:
• The canals
• The east of the city, a quiet area with lots of greenery
• The jewish quarter
• The great Vondelpark, where you can nature in the heart of the city
• Typical streets and bridges
• The museumsquare with the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh museum
• The port of Amsterdam
• On request other parts of the city, for example the island of Java near the harbor where you find a mix of old warehouses and modern architecture,
What a joy to explore the city with such a feeling of freedom!
Of course, Amsterdam à la Carte takes care of the bike rental.
Do you prefer to walk? Book a walking tour